Re: Netscape D.S. -> OpenLDAP replication

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 06:07:57PM +0000, suprarexpress@globaleyes.net wrote:
> So long as both LDAP servers in the replication process have the same
> objectClass and attribute definitions related to the LDAP objects being
> replicated, there shouldn't be any "problems" with the replicated data.

I understand that this is the theory, and I will test it of course. I was
just saying that I already expect trouble in the authentication field.
Think about the reversed scenario, openldap replicating to something else
where the master uses, for example, SASL. The user passwords won't be
replicated, because they are not part of the LDAP tree, it's as simple as that :)

Again, thanks for your insights.