Re: Tracing ACL problems (insuficient access)

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 09:21:49AM -0700, Jason C. Leach wrote:
> hi,
>
> I'm trying to track down an ACL problem. When I use smbpasswd to add
> a machine account, I get insuficient access. If I add my samba
> account access to * write it works, but if I:
>
> access to attrs=uid,pwdLastSet,logonTime,logoffTime,kickoffTime,pwdCanChange,pwdMustChange,displayName,cn,rid,primaryGroupID,lmPassword,ntPassword,acctFlags,objectclass,userPassword
>      by dn="cn=SAMBA,o=xxx.com,dc=xxx,dc=com" write
>      by * none
>
> it fails with insuficient access. How can I trace what attribute it
> needs access to?
Setting the loglevel to 128 turns on the logging of the ACL processing.
Maybe it's sufficient to add "entry" to attrs.

--
Ralf Haferkamp

SuSE Linux AG                                    - The Linux Experts -
Deutschherrnstrasse 15-19                         http://www.suse.com
D-90429 Nuernberg, Germany                        Tel: +49-911-74053-0