Re: acl problem Insufficient access

Matteo Mancini wrote:

2: This is a "chicken and egg" situation. master cannot gain rights to subtrees unless he has rights to the parent(s) as well. So begin at supermaster, he will have rights, and make under-supermasters all the way down in the tree to see what happens and give them rights. How you do this depends on the software version you are using. I can't give specific advice since you, like many, refuse to say with which software version you're working. ("Openldap" isn't sufficient.) However, stick to regexps and be prepared to use more than a single one for each ACL.

I' using openldap v. 2.0.23 on a woody

Ah. I'm using 2.1.22. I've never used 2.0.x - I think that 2.1.x goes further with dnsubtrees than 2.0 and what you can do with them.

Upgrade?

Best,

Tony

--