Re: OpenLDAP 2.1 DN question

Suresh Krishnan (QB/LMC) wrote:

Hi Folks,
	I recently migrated from OpenLDAP 2.0x to 2.1. Whenever I try to add an entry of a specific objectclass I get an Invalid DN error

ldap_perror gives
PDK_LDAP_ADD_ENTRY_SYNC:: Invalid DN syntax
       additional info: invalid DN

This code used to work fine with OpenLDAP 2.0x. When I add this specific entry I use a DN whose RDN is not composed of an attribute type of this object class. I think this is what is causing the problem. eg.

objectclass has only attributetypes A,B,C
but my dn is D=3,dc=foo,dc=blah...

Is there a requirement somewhere that D has to be an attribute type for the given object class or is this a bug?

The requirement is a bit different: the attribute types, and the respective values, that are used in an'antry's RDN must be present in the entry as well. As a consequence,

D=3,dc=foo,dc=blah

needs a

D: 3

attribute; note that

D: 4 would be erroneous as well, because "D"
would present, but its value would not match
that in the RDN.

Pierangelo.