Re: Mapping userPassword to Kerberos 5

* Lewis Thompson (purple@lewiz.info) wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 11:23:57AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > It might be enough to compile with --enable-spasswd (SASL) and to then
> > use {SASL} in the userPassword.  I'd like to know if this actually works
> > or not...
[...]
>   I've been having troubles with this for a while; I thought it was
> because I was trying to use {KERBEROS} but I get the same with {SASL}.
> This is FreeBSD, not Debian but it might be of some use to you.

I appriciate the attempt but what you're trying to do is actually
different from what we're discussing.  You're trying to bind to LDAP
using SASL and Kerberos credentials, which doesn't use userPassword at
all.  userPassword is only used if you're trying to perform a simple
bind to LDAP.

	Thanks,
		Stephen