Re: RootDN Login

Quoting Russell Seymour <russell.seymour@turtlesystems.co.uk>:

> Good Morning list,
>
> I have successfully built an OpenLDAP Directory with Kerberos and SASL support
> and I can access the directory with a user in the Kerberos database, e.g:
>
> 	ldaptest@REALM
>
> However what I cannot do is access the directory with the RootDN that I have
> specified in the 'slapd.conf' file.  I get back the following error message:

Don't use the 'rootdn' directive. Use proper ACL's instead.

In a 2.0 server, it would look like:

        by dn="uid=ldaptest.+\+realm=REALM" write

and in a 2.1 server you need to first construct the 'sasl-regexp' and then
another ACL. This what I do in my 2.1.22 server:

sasl-regexp             uid=(.*),cn=(.*),cn=gssapi,cn=auth
                        ldap:///c=SE??sub?(krb5PrincipalName=$1@REALM)
[...]
        by dn="cn=turbo fredriksson,ou=people,o=fredriksson,c=se" write

The last line comes from running 'ldapwhoami':

[tuzjfi.tty2]$ ldapwhoami -h localhost
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
SASL username: turbo@BAYOUR.COM
SASL SSF: 56
SASL installing layers
dn:cn=turbo fredriksson,ou=people,o=fredriksson,c=se