errors while doing make test

I must be stupid,

after one whole week I still have problems with openldap 2.1.22 under
RedHat Linux 9.0. If I could I would switch over to Debian, which I now
much better and also have a better feeling about installing soiftware
from source - but anyway, I can't for company reasons.

My problem is that I still get errors when doing make test and that the
final ldap server seg faults when queried over ssl. I'll post the result
of my make test run at the end of this message.

Let me tell you what I did:

Unpacked OpenLDAP 2.1.22
mkdir build-dir
cd build-dir
../openldap-2.1.22/configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
--localstatedir=/var --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man
--enable-syslog --enable-proctitle --enable-dynamic --enable-local
--with-cyrus-sasl --with-readline  --with-threads --with-tls
--enable-slapd --enable-cleartext --enable-crypt --enable-lmpasswd
--enable-spasswd --enable-modules --enable-phonetic --enable-rewrite
--enable-rlookups --enable-wrappers  --enable-ldbm
--with-ldbm-api=berkeley --with-ldbm-module=dynamic
--with-ldbm-type=auto --enable-bdb --with-bdb-module=dynamic
--enable-dnssrv --enable-dnssrv-module=dynamic --enable-ldap
--with-ldap-module=dynamic --enable-meta --with-meta-module=dynamic
--enable-monitor --with-monitor-module=dynamic --enable-null
--with-null-module=dynamic --enable-passwd --with-passwd-module=dynamic
--enable-slurpd
		- no errors
make depend	- no errors
make 		- no errors
make test
cd tests; make test
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/build-ldap/tests'
run configure with --enable-bdb
ln: `./data': File exists
make[1]: [test-ldbm] Error 1 (ignored)
ln: `./schema': File exists
make[1]: [test-ldbm] Error 1 (ignored)
run configure with --enable-ldbm
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/build-ldap/tests'

I can however do a make install and the server starts up, it's just,
when I try to query over ssl, or do anything else over ssl I get a
segfault.

Please, if there is anybody out there who can even dream of a reason why
this is happening send me a note. I will try this day and if I'm not
successfull I'm going to reinstall the whole system.

	chris

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte
Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder
diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte
sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser
Mail ist nicht gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail
in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this
e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the
material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.