RE: anyone using Irix clients?

On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 18:27, Rigler, Steve wrote:
> Greg,
>
> I'm pretty sure that TLS (or even ldaps) are not an option with Irix clients
> at this point.

thats pretty much what I was led to believe too but I had a glimmer of
hope when I saw the following at the top of the default config file:

# ----------------- START LOCAL DOMAIN --------------------------

; SECURITY

security        ssl     ; none, ssl
cipher          RSA_RC4_40_MD5

is this just for future use then?

> I've bugged SGI about their LDAP support and I understand that we should
> start seeing some better support with 6.5.22.

well thats something to look forward to.

I've demonstrated it now on a couple of linux versions, two solaris
releases and a fairly old release of irix (6.5.14f) Altho a pig to get
working, solaris turns out to support ldap the best - full encryption.
Linux next with most stuff encrypted (no encryption on autofs stuff).

Now for the tedious work getting admin tools to replace the old ones,
useradd et al, passwd, sync between NIS and LDAP etc...

onward and upward... thanks for your help, let me know if you get any
encryption working with Irix.

GREG

--
Greg Matthews