Invalid rootDN on OpenLDAP for z/OS

Hi!

We are working now for four weeks to get OpenLDAP running on z/OS . After
solving the problems to get the configure script to run under the z/os and
trying the latest release und the latest stable release of OpenLDAP, we
managed to build OpenLDAP with the newest sources from the CVS. The build
process is quite the same as described in the Faq-O-Matic for porting
OpenLDAP for OS390.
For the backend we use gdbm-1.8.3 . The slapd deamon seems to work quite
normal, but when we specify a root dn other than "", we get the following
error:

> slapd -f slapd.conf -t -d -1
 init: initiated .
reading config file
line 0 (pidfile      ./slapd.pid)
line 0 (argsfile   ./slapd.args)
line 0 (database    ldbm)
line 0 (suffix      "")
>>> dnPrettyNormal: <>
<<< dnPrettyNormal: <>, <>
line 0 (rootdn      "cn=manager")
>>> dnPrettyNormal: <>
=> ldap_bv2dn(Î4 Î5¬,84)
<= ldap_bv2dn(,0)=1
=> ldap_dn2bv(1)
@wÖ@w{: line 477790252: rootdn DN is invalid
config check failed
 shutdown: freeing system resources.
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy

The slapd.conf contains the following:

include         ../schema/core.schema
pidfile      ./slapd.pid
argsfile   ./slapd.args
database    ldbm
suffix      ""
rootdn      "cn=manager"
rootpw      secret
directory   ../db
index   objectClass   eq

Please can anyone help us to solve the problem.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

               Thomas Bröker

IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Phone: +49-(0)7031-16-2401