RE: anyone using Irix clients?

Hi Steve (and anyone else with Irix clients!)

I'm guessing that the problem is with the {crypt} and {CRYPT} at the
beginning of every password in the shadow map. These do not appear when
using NIS.

However, I cant get them to go away using regsub. I have done nsadmin
flush and nsadmin restart after every change to no avail. It seems like
I've tried every combination of case, spaces, tabs etc...

Can you confirm that {crypt} or {CRYPT} should definitely *not* appear
in the shadow map when I do: nsadmin cat shadow and if so why doesnt my
regsub work given that I cut/paste it from your message...?

TIA

GREG

here is some of my ldap.conf:

# ----------------- START LOCAL DOMAIN --------------------------
; SECURITY
#security        ssl     ; none, ssl
#cipher          RSA_RC4_40_MD5
#domain          ; An empty domain name identifies the local domain
domain my.ip.domain

; SERVER SPECIFICATION
server  aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
version 3
base    "dc=my,dc=base"
scope   subtree         ; subtree, onelevel, sbase
binddn  "cn=my,ou=proxy,dc=my,dc=base"
bindpwd "<password>"
regsub  USERPASSWORD{{crypt\}|{CRYPT\}}{}

; SCHEMA DEFINITION
table           passwd.byname
filter_lookup   (&(OBJECTCLASS=POSIXACCOUNT)(UID=%s))
filter_list     (OBJECTCLASS=POSIXACCOUNT)
format
"UID:**:UIDNUMBER:GIDNUMBER:GECOS:HOMEDIRECTORY:LOGINSHELL"

table           passwd.byuid
filter_lookup   (&(OBJECTCLASS=POSIXACCOUNT)(UIDNUMBER=%s))
format
"UID:**:UIDNUMBER:GIDNUMBER:GECOS:HOMEDIRECTORY:LOGINSHELL"

<more tables snipped>

table           shadow.byname
filter_lookup   (&(OBJECTCLASS=SHADOWACCOUNT)(UID=%s))
filter_list     (OBJECTCLASS=SHADOWACCOUNT)
require         USERPASSWORD
format
"UID:USERPASSWORD:SHADOWLASTCHANGE:SHADOWMIN:SHADOWMAX:SHADOWWARNING:SHADOWINACTIVE:SHADOWEXPIRE:SHADOWFLAG"

--
Greg Matthews
iTSS Wallingford	01491 692445