Re: still segmentation faults with SSL

Hi Kent,

> Do you have 'localhost' anywhere in your configuration files?
ahm, well I do - why, is that bad??

> Is the slapd daemon really owned by ldap/root (user/group)?  I don't have
> to run slapd with -u/-g.
No, the slapd executable is not owned by user ldap, but by user root. I
just thought it is good security practice to not have all services run
by root.

> Do you have more than one slapd on the system?  What is the result of
> "which slapd"?  I always like to enter the full path of slapd just to make
> sure (/usr/libexec/slapd on my machine).
No, I only have one slapd - it is located under /usr/libexec/slapd which
I added to the beginning of my PATH

> Is slapd.conf in /etc/openldap or /usr/etc/openldap?  You might be using
> the wrong file or no file at all.  Is that even possible?
I also only have one slapd.conf

> The "address family not supported by protocol" error for both ldap:// and
> ldaps:// means that it isn't only a TLS/SSL issue.  I haven't run into that
> one (yet), so hopefully someone who has can help you out with it.
That's what I hope too ;-)

> I would try to start out with a barebones server (no SSL/TLS, etc) and go
> from there.  If you are already doing this ... I'll light a candle for you.
Thank you very much. I really appreciate your help. I will start from the
beginning again.

	chris

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte
Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder
diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte
sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser
Mail ist nicht gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail
in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this
e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the
material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.