OpenLDAP segfaults when used with ssl

Dear all,

I'm having a hard time over here getting OpenLDAP to work with SSL.
My setup is as follows:

 RedHat Linux 9.0 i386
 Kernel 2.4.21   - self compiled
 OpenSSL 0.9.7b  - self compiled and installed under /usr/local/openssl
 OpenLDAP 2.1.22 - self compiled and installed under /usr
                   using ldbm as the database backend.

OpenLDAP compiled just fine also it gave me errors when doing make test.
OpenLDAP started up fine after installation and was populated with data
without any problems. Now, when I try to do a search and not use the -x
option the OpenLDAP server just seg faults.

Anybody got any idea as to why this might happen?

	chris

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte
Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder
diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte
sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser
Mail ist nicht gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail
in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this
e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the
material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.