Re: LDAP auth problem

jawed abbasi <jabbasi@yahoo.com>
Sent by: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org

07/26/2003 12:14 AM

        To:        openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
        cc:
        Subject:        ldap auth problem

> Hello

Hi,

>  I have been desparately asking for help on this but no one seems to take pitty on me.
> Ihave 2 machines A and B , A is running ldap server, B I setup as client.

> Now when I loginto A itself with user ID and Passwd I get logged in fine.
> But when I setup machine B to use LDAP server for autentication I am not able to login.

> hsNavYkfPrd6:/navtech/nav/data$ telnet supp1
> Trying 192.168.1.2...
> Connected to pcNavYkfSupp1.syz.com
> Escape character is '^]'.
> Red Hat Linux release 8.0 (Psyche)
> Kernel 2.4.18-14 on an i686
> login: foms
> Password:
> Connection closed by foreign host.

> I have attached my slapd logfile I  looked at it seems like ACL are fine, everything is being looked at by slapd.

> I tried to attach the log file for slapd but it is too big.

thanks for not wasting BW, setup a small web server and use a dynamic DNS service such as  www.no-ip.com (no affiliation to the site)...

well, it seems that your server B is taking the right password, is it able to find the login shell for the account? its been a while since I don't have access to a linux box... check /var/log/messages or /var/log/secure for clues..

take a look at http://samba.idealx.org/samba-ldap-howto.pdf, it does not say anything about setting a remote client, maybe if you post your config files you could get more help...maybe...

are you sure you are not blocking each server from talking to each other? check your ipfilters/ipchains config on both servers.....

> I will really appreciate some help on this, as it has been 3weeks now I amnot making any progress.

check this too....

;)

regards,
esv.