RE: Can LDAPDB transelate a user@domain.com -> user_domain_com?

An auxprop plugin takes whatever username you give it and uses it as-is.
There is no code in the ldapdb.c auxprop plugin to do what you want, although
you could probably add some code and register your own canon_user callback to
make it work. It's not the auxprop plugin's job to translate usernames,
that's what the canon_user callback is for.

  -- Howard Chu