Procedures to manage centralized authentication in a Linux enviro nment

Title: Procedures to manage centralized authentication in a Linux environment

I've been implementing LDAP for centralized authentication in a vanilla RedHat Linux 8.0 environment using BDB on HP Proliant DL 380 G3 servers.  By "vanilla" I mean that we're not using Samba, for example.

What I am wondering is this - after building the initial LDAP data base for centralized authentication, how do I manage the environment?

My belief is that many sites have solved this problem and have developed procedures for adding/deleting/modifying user accounts, having users change their passwords, assigning groups, etc.

Most of my research, however, has focused on technical issues such as how to configure the various LDAP-related files.  I'm not sure what to do next.

If anyone has a written procedure for administering LDAP centralized authentication, or a reference to one, I'd greatly appreciate being able to look at it.

Thanx,

Joe Jadick
First American RES
5601 E. La Palma Ave
Anaheim, CA 92807
Phone - (714) 701-3328
Cell    - (714) 863-4422

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s)

named above and may contain information that is legally privileged.  If you are not the

addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby
notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by replying to the

message and delete the original message immediately thereafter.

Thank you.                                                                                                       FADLD Tag