Re: library questions: LDAPMessage, msgid, ...

Hallvard B Furuseth <h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no> wrote:
> Paul Jarc writes:
>> (...)
>> entry=ldap_first_entry(ld, res);
>> (...)
>> return entry;
>
> BTW, have you considered simplifying the API a little?  Instead of
> (ldap-{first/next}-attribute), implement (ldap-get-attributes) which
> gets all the attributes in the entry.

Right now, I'm just working on the necessary C wrapping for the
standard LDAP API functions.  Later, I'll also add higher-level
operations such as ldap-get-attributes, or something like it, written
in Scheme.  (Some of the standard functions will also be written in
Scheme - e.g., ldap-sasl-bind-s is just a bit of wrapping around
ldap-sasl-bind and ldap-result.)  I don't want to do any more work in
C than I have to.  This will also make it easier for people who
already know the C API to start using the Scheme version.

paul