replication problem

Hi,
I seem to have a problem replicating my database.
The master works fine and when I run slurpd it gives me an error message:
 bind to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:389 as cn=replicator,dc=example,dc=com (simple)
ber_flush: 54 bytes to sd 10
request 1 done
Error: ldap_simple_bind_s for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:389 failed: Invalid
credentials
ber_flush: 7 bytes to sd 10

The bind method I'm using is oviously simple and for credentials=secret.
Here are my slapd.conf files for master and slave:

# Create a replication log in /var/lib/ldap for use by slurpd.
replogfile      /var/lib/ldap/master-slapd.replog

database        ldbm
suffix          "dc=example,dc=com"
rootdn          "cn=root,dc=example,dc=com"

rootpw          {CRYPT}a8trcz2h1g9QY

# The database directory MUST exist prior to running slapd AND
# should only be accessible by the slapd/tools. Mode 700 recommended.
directory       /var/lib/ldap
# Indices to maintain
index   objectClass,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber,memberUid   eq
index   cn,mail,surname,givenname                       eq,subinitial
# Replicas to which we should propagate changes
replica host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:389
        binddn="cn=replicator,dc=example,dc=com"
        bindmethod=simple
        credentials=secret
# ACLs

access to dn=".*,dc=example,dc=com" attr=userPassword
        by dn="cn=root,dc=example,dc=com" write
        by self write
        by * auth

access to dn=".*,dc=example,dc=com" attr=mail
        by dn="cn=root,dc=example,dc=com" write
        by self write
        by * read

access to dn=".*,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com"
        by * read

access to dn=".*,dc=example,dc=com"
        by self write
        by * read

slapd.conf slave:

access to dn=".*,dc=example,dc=com"
        attrs=children
        by dn="cn=replicator,dc=example,dc=com" write

database        ldbm
suffix          "dc=spmresorts,dc=com"
rootdn          "cn=root,dc=example,dc=com"

# Cleartext passwords, especially for the rootdn, should
# be avoided.  See slappasswd(8) and slapd.conf(5) for details.
# Use of strong authentication encouraged.
rootpw         {CRYPT}a8trcz2h1g9QY

# The database directory MUST exist prior to running slapd AND
# should only be accessible by the slapd/tools. Mode 700 recommended.
directory       /var/lib/ldap
#
updatedn        "cn=replicator,dc=example,dc=com"

and the rest is the same as above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Swavek Hryniewicz.

Ps. rootpw is the same in both of these files.