Email Distribution Lists???

I have been searching and searching....for a way to use my OpenLDAP to
provide email distribution lists. Is there a way to do this?

ie. Bill, Ted, and Alice are all members of the payroll dept. with each
one having an address entry in the LDAP directory. I would like to also
have an address called PAYROLL that would contain the email addresses of
Bill, Ted, and Alice. I could simply create an address entry and call it
PAYROLL an enter Bill, Ted, and Alice's email addresses, but this would
be difficult to maintain. It would be much better if I could simply have
an entry that had refernces to its members and looked up those members
email addresses each time a query was made.

Is this possible?

If so, how?

Thanks

--