Encrypting passwords in Openldap

Hi ,
 Iam using openldap 2.0.7 for user authentication.
Can anyone recommend me how would i be able to encrypt user passwords in
openldap?
Iam quite confused with the terminologies like Cyrus SASL / TLS.

I had tested the password-hash directive in slapd.conf but it doesn't seem
to work.

Thanks in advance.
Bala S
Tata Consultancy Services Deutschland Gmbh
Currently at:
SIEMENS Transportation Systems
TS RA D OC
Tel  +49 531 226-6154
Fax +49 531 226-4477
mailto:Balasubramaniyan.Sathiamoorthy.ext_TCS@ts.siemens.de

Note: This e-mail may contain privileged, undisclosed or otherwise
confidential information.
If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any
review, copying or distribution
of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender immediately and
destroy the original transmittal.
Thank you for your understanding