startup problem

I'm doing initial startup after building the openldap software from the
FreeBSD port.  You folks did not supply the port, and it seems that the
person who DID supply the port didn't understand enough to get it
initially working.

I made the requisite edits tp slapd.conf, but it seems that slapd won't
start up.  Here's the output from "/usr/local/libexec/slapd -d-1":

[please note my mailer wraps long lines]

april:root:/usr1/local/libexec:125 >./slapd -d-1
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.1.20 (Jul 17 2003 12:51:11) $

chuckr@april.chuckr.org:/usr/ports/net/openldap21/work/openldap-2.1.20/servers/slapd
daemon_init: <null>
daemon_init: listen on ldap:///
daemon_init: 1 listeners to open...
ldap_url_parse_ext(ldap:///)
daemon: initialized ldap:///
daemon_init: 2 listeners opened
slapd init: initiated server.
slap_sasl_init: initialized!
bdb_initialize: initialize BDB backend
bdb_initialize: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.1.25: (December 19,
2002)
reading config file /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf
line 6 (include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema)
reading config file /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
line 29 (attributetype ( 2.5.18.1 NAME 'createTimestamp' EQUALITY
generalizedTimeMatch ORDERING generalizedTimeOrderingMatch SYNTAX
1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.24 SINGLE-VALUE NO-USER-MODIFICATION USAGE
directoryOperation ))
/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema: line 29: attribute type
"2.5.18.1" is operational
slapd shutdown: freeing system resources.
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

At this point, there is no slapd running on the system (although your
error message certainly should make that more obvious).

Can I please get some help?  Thanks very much!

Chuck Robey         | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@chuckr.org   | electronics, communications, and SF/Fantasy.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.