Re: concurrent access on LDBM backend

Sergio,

The LDBM backend works with a so-called "giant rw lock" which means you can
have multiple "readers" doing LDBM operations in parallel, but you can't have
multiple "readers" and "writers" or multiple "writers" doing parallel LDBM
operations. The rw lock is on a high level with the LDBM backend which means
that if the LDBM backend has to perform a complex modify or add operation
with multiple index databases involved, it locks other "writers" and
"readers" for the time of the operation.
You can gain performance by trying to reduce the amount of (expensive) indexes
or attributes and thus make the impact of add/modify operations smaller.

Regards,

Erik