Pam_ldap module on suse 7.0

Hi all,

I had posted a similar question on PAM and LDAP on pamldap mailing list but
nobody seems to respond.
I wonder if the pamldap list is still active or not.
And i apologize if iam misusing this list.

I'm trying to use pam_ldap and nss_ldap with SuSE Linux 7.0 for user
authentication against Netscape LDAP server.

I configured pam, nsswitch and openldap on Suse Linux for user
authentication , but
now I get the message
"Cannot make/remove an entry for the specified session" whenever an user
defined in LDAP tries to login.

A strange thing is that if the user exists in /etc/passwd file (with blank
password), then the user can login with the password from the ldap db.

Anyone knows, what could be the problem?

Thanks in Advance,
Bala S
SIEMENS Transportation Systems
TS RA D OC
Tel  +49 531 226-6154
Fax +49 531 226-4477
mailto:Balasubramaniyan.Sathiamoorthy.ext_TCS@ts.siemens.de

Note: This e-mail may contain privileged, undisclosed or otherwise
confidential information.
If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any
review, copying or distribution
of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender immediately and
destroy the original transmittal.
Thank you for your understanding