Re: slurpd authentication

On Wed, 15 Jul 2003, Jonathan Stoneman wrote:

> is all working fine except for one thing... the slave is accepting
> updates from the rootdn because it matches the updatedn.

Which is a good reason to keep them separate.

> I have added a new user (using directory_administrator) and have
> configured the slave to use their details for the updatedn and give them
> write access to everything, but when slurpd connects with these details,
> it gets an invalid credentials error.

What version of OpenLDAP?  What does the slave config look like?

> Boxes using the LDAP directory for authentication are accepting logins
> for the new user, so I guess it's a problem with the way I have
> configured slurpd:
>
> replica host=ldapslave:389
>         binddn="cn=Replicator,ou=LDAPAdmin,dc=ftech,dc=net"
>         bindmethod=simple credentials=secret

What does debugging show?  I use "-d-1" but that dumps *everything*.

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9906-7866  Fx: 9906-1556
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia