Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2003 10:30 PM
Subject: LDAP and SAMBA

hello

  I  am trying to make SAMBA  work with ldap for user auth.
Currently Ldap auth is working for unix users without a problem.

I have rebuild source rpm for samba as following
rpm   --rebuild   --with  ldapsam  --with  ldap --with acl   samba-2.2.8a-1.src.rpm,

But how can I verify that now my samba has ldap support, brfore I start bang my head with wall  ( why its not working).

I am using redhat 7.3, openldap-servers-2.0.27-2.7.3, samba-2.2.8a-1

I have also one more question
Is there any difference in nss_ldap  and pam_ldap package, because I installed nss_ldap and I think pam_ldap is part of it.

Any response will be appreciated.

Thanks

Do you Yahoo!?