ldap passwd change by users

Hello

  Please help this is second time I am sending same messege to this list.

I have an LDAP server running

#This is ACL (Access Control List) for Slapd
access to dn=".*,dc=navtechinc,dc=com" attr=userPassword
        by dn="cn=Manager,dc=navtechinc,dc=com" write
        by self write
        by * auth
access to dn=".*,dc=navtechinc,dc=com" attr=mail
        by dn="cn=Manager,dc=navtechinc,dc=com" write
        by self write
        by * read
access to dn=".*,ou=ykf,dc=navtechinc,dc=com"
        by * read
access to dn=".*,dc=navtechinc,dc=com"
        by self write
        by * read

This is my ACL I am using pam to autenticate All login using ldap passwd database works, I can also change user passwd as root, but a user him/herself can't use passwd utility to change passwd.
Following is an example when I change passwd for user jabbasi as root

[root@pcnavykfsupp2 openldap]# passwd jabbasi
Changing password for user jabbasi.
Enter login(LDAP) password:
New password:
Password unchanged
Retype new password:
LDAP password information changed for jabbasi
passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully.
[root@pcnavykfsupp2 openldap]#

Following is an example when change passwd for jabbasi as jabbasi

[jabbasi@pcnavykfsupp2 jabbasi]$ passwd  jabbasi
passwd: Only root can specify a user name.
[jabbasi@pcnavykfsupp2 jabbasi]$

Now I am not sure if this is issue of permission on passwd utility, or something else.

Please reply if anyone has any idea.

Thanks

Do you Yahoo!?