format of the password file in the -y option

Hi,

>From looking at the source code, it looks like the file
in the '-y' option just wants the password in it. I have
the password crypt format:

{CRYPT}87syn4hd8xm3n1		-- the password part is made up

I have the ldapadd command as:

ldapadd -f gpc.ldif -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=gpc,dc=edu" -y .pw

where the file '.pw' has the above password (real password)
in it. I get the following error:

ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

If I try it with just the plain text password as is in the slapd.conf
file, I get the same error. I know it is looking at the file, for if
I have it world readable (even though the parent is not world readable),
it will fail that the file is readable to all. Please note that I have
the correct password according to the slappasswd command:

slappasswd -c "%.2s" -h '{CRYPT}'

in the ".pw" file, the above one you see is just made up. Also, please
note that if I use '-w password' or '-W' and type the password all works
fine with no problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Cheers,