ldap_add: Internal (implementation specific) error (80)

Hi All,

I'm running FreeBSD v4.8-STABLE and have installed OpenLDAP from the ports
and configured following the Quick Start Guide instructions
(http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin21/quickstart.html). However, to my
disappointment, it didnt work.

Configuring, Building and Running all worked (up to "1. Start SLAPD"), right
up until Step 2: "Add initial entries to your directory".

I have created the following LDIF as directed by the guide (checked for
stray whitespace):

[16:53:35][root@armadillo]:~/work$ cat first.ldif
dn: dc=eorigen,dc=com
objectclass: dcObject
objectclass: organization
o: eOrigen
dc: eorigen

dn: cn=Manager,dc=eorigen,dc=com
objectclass: organizationalRole
cn: Manager
[16:53:36][root@armadillo]:~/work$

and then proceeded to try to add:

[c16:41:31][root@armadillo]:~/work$ ldapadd -d 2144 -x -D
"cn=Manager,dc=eorigen,dc=com" -W -f first.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
request 1 done
adding new entry "dc=eorigen,dc=com"
request 2 done
ldapadd: update failed: dc=eorigen,dc=com
ldap_add: Internal (implementation specific) error (80)

[16:53:35][root@armadillo]:~/work$

That wasnt supposed to happen ... doh!

Any suggestions / ideas are welcomed with open arms as I just cant seem to
work out why.

--
Dan Hardiker [dhardiker@eorigen.com]
ADAM Software & Systems Engineer