RE: rc file for openldap command line commands

Hi,

Thanks, I missed that command. If I want to set the root dn
as the one in the local file, am I understanding that the form
is the same as password file? If the rootdn in slapd.conf is:

rootdn	"cn=Manager,dc=myorg,dc=com"
rootpw	secret

Then is the password file:

Manager:secret:#:#:gecos:/tmp:/bin/csh
or
Manager:{CRYPT}secret:....
or
Manager:secret
or
Manager:{CRYPT}secret

Of course, {CRYPT}secret, would be encoded and -x used in the command line.
So far, none of the formats have seen to work.

The overall idea here is that I am populating the ldap db and I don't want
the root pw to show up in the process list. Of course, there might be other
apps. along this line of a command line and not wanting to show the pw.

Thanks,
Cheers,
Douglas