Re: 2.2 issue?

> Our database is defined with a suffix for stanford:
>
> suffix "dc=stanford,dc=edu"
>
> When I try to slapadd our DB, I get:
>
> slapadd: dn="dc=stanford,dc=edu" (line=14): (64) value of naming
> attribute  'dc' is not present in entry
>
> Doing a search on this error informed me I needed to add dc=edu in to
> our  DB, so I created:
>
> dn: dc=edu
> objectClass: dcOjbect
> dc: edu
>
> Doing this, and then running slapadd now gives me this error:
>
> slapadd: line 4: database (dc=stanford,dc=edu) not configured to hold
> "dc=edu"
>
> This seems like a catch-22 to me.  Either this is a serious bug in 2.2,
> or  I misunderstood something?

I'm afraid it's the latter.

The entry dc=stanford,dc=edu needs to contain the AVA
that's used in its rdn, so dc=stanford.  This is the
meaning of the message.  Note that the message has been
changed a number of times in order to get as
self-explanatory as possible.  I guess there's still
room for improvements ...

Note that the entry you tried to add also had
a problem: dcObject is auxiliary, so you need
also a structural objectclass (e.g. organization, with

dn: dc=edu
objectClass: dcOjbect
objectClass: organization
dc: edu
o: Educational

Of course you need a backend configured to hold
"dc=edu" or "" as suffix.

Ando.

--
Pierangelo Masarati