RE: Last attempt at TLS/SSL

OK, now the two ldap.conf files are seperate, thanks to Kent
and Howard for picking up on that as a potential issue.  I had
been sym  linking one file to another, so they were definitely
mixed in together.  Now that I have them seperate, I've made
some progress but I am still not there 100% yet.  It looks
like I have the ldap.conf file set up correctly now to do
ldapsearches.  What I mean by this is the ldap.conf file that
is in /usr/local/etc/openldap.  When I use these settings, it
is finally working with my cert:

BASE    dc=webtech, dc=com
URI     ldaps://wp-app-3.webtech.com
TLS_CACERT      /var/tmp/certs/demoCA/cacert.pem

Also I can now authenticate through telnet and those sessions
look encrypted when I "snoop" them, so I am also going to chalk
that up to the /usr/local/etc/openldap/ldap.conf file being OK
now and telnet making use of it.  Also I made sure the native
solaris ldap client config  files didn't exist and that its
ldap cache manager is off.  This is all using ldaps, I am not
using start_tls;  I only run slapd on port 636.

However, the other part of the equation is to get ssh to work
with the pam_ldap module.  So that should be using padl's
ldap.conf file which is in /etc.  For this one, I am still
seeing TLS errors like this:

Jun 30 11:00:46 wp-app-3.webtech.com slapd[16786]: [ID 733216 local4.debug]
connection_read(8): TLS accept error error=-1 id
=8, closing

In the /etc/ldap.conf file, here is what I have:

host wp-app-3.webtech.com
base dc=webtech,dc=com
uri ldaps://wp-app-3.webtech.com/
binddn cn=Authenticator,dc=webtech,dc=com
bindpw admin123
port 636
scope sub
pam_password crypt
nss_base_passwd         ou=People,dc=webtech,dc=com?one
nss_base_shadow         ou=People,dc=webtech,dc=com?one
ssl true
tls_checkpeer no
tls_cacertfile /var/tmp/certs/demoCA/cacert.pem
tls_ciphers HIGH

I have tried tweaking here ad infinitum with no success. If
anyone specifically has any advice for this config file since
it seems to be the last thing that is still broken it would be
extremely welcome.  I've changed the lines "ssl true",
"tls_checkpeer", "tls_cacertfile", "tls_ciphers", etc, over
and over in various ways/combinations and this just won't work.
It seems to me that either having tls_checkpeer off, or having
it on and supplying the cacert.pem file should make this the
same as the "other" ldap.conf file in terms of how it decides
the cert is OK, so I'm puzzled as to why it's broken.

Also are there any suggestions as to other replacement pam and nss
ldap modules for Solaris other than padl's?

Thanks - Michael