upgrading from 2.0 to 2.1

Planning to tackle an upgrade from 2.0.27 to the latest 2.1 release, and
wondering if there are any guidlines out there other than the FAQ-o-Matic
which has sparse info on this topic.  I understand I'll need to dump/load
the data itself, but should my slapd.conf and replication configurations
work unchanged?  Should I upgrade slapd and stay with ldbm as I'm
currently doing, or is it "safe" to switch to the bdb backend at the same
time.  Many thanks for info.

Allan M. Streib                            | "If you understand what
Global Directory Services - UIS/UITS       |  you're doing, you're
Indiana University Bloomington             |  not learning anything."
http://php.indiana.edu/~astreib/my.pgp.key |            -- Anonymous