Re: referral and performance

--On Montag, 23. Juni 2003 12:41 +0200 Andrea Albert <andrea.albert@is.haw-hamburg.de> wrote:

It works very fine!
But if the server to which this referral points go down, then the
response time of the main LDAP-Server (containing this referral) is >20
sec. Many clients close connection before getting any answer for
authentication. How can I avoid this problem?
Pls help!!

This seems strange as the main server will not follow the referral itself. It's the clients job to chase the referral. I suggest you trace the connection between your client and server with something like Ethereal to get an idea where exactly the delay occurs.

Norbert