Re: solaris 9 ldap client with tls?

As an aside (I've never attempted Sol9->OpenLDAP),

You can use the NSS/NSPR utilites available at
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/ to create/edit/generate cert7.db
and key3.db files.  I had to do this (and I'm not sure it is the only way - there
may be better) when I wanted to put my PEM OpenSSL certificates into Funk's Steel
Belted Radius server which was based on an earlier version of the NSS libraries.
You may find the need to add/manage certificates in this way on your clients, I'm
not sure.  IIRC the Sun directory server has the ability to export certificates
in a way that may be useful to your Sun clients (e.g. in the cert7.db/key3.db
format) without you having to use NSS to manage them.

It helps to use the version of NSS that most closely resembles the existing version
of the nss libraries on your system (do a find for "libnss*.so" then objdump it),
otherwise the application reading your created/modified cert7.db and key3.db files
may not be able to understand them.

Elliot