Re: LDAP Hangs on request

--On Wednesday, June 25, 2003 1:10 PM -0400 Yossef Korang <yossef@yossefk.com> wrote:

I'm not sure what the problem is, other than it simply hanging on a
client machine.  I have LDAP running smoothly on the master(for
authentication), but when I enable it on the client side, and make the
adjustment to /etc/nsswitch.conf to be "hosts files ldap", and if I try
to "finger" a  user(or login, etc), it just hangs there on client and
master side.   Any help or point to a previous answered question dealing
with this(that I have not yet found in the archives) would be appreciated.

I suggest turning up the debug levels on slapd, and see what processing is happening when you make the finger request. I'd guess the ACL's are giving the permissions you want, and/or the client is doing a query that is other than what you expect.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Senior Systems Administrator ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html