Re: Problem with replication

I'm semi-new to this, but I experienced a problem that sounds like what you have, and with no response I decided to go and try it another way. I was using slapadd to add entries, but it wasn't doing the whole replication bit, but when I started using ldapadd and ldapmodify it did it.

Andreas Rother wrote:

Dear list,

I try to setup two LDAP servers (2.0.27, both on RedHat 7.3) as a master/slave pair. I followed the instructions in the Administrator's Guide, Chapter 10.

The files for the slave server were copied over and both servers are functional so far (SSL works, queries to both servers work).

Arriving at 10.4.6., I noticed the slarpd proccess didn't write any modifications to the replogfile (here "/var/log/slapd.replog"). I created the file and made it owned and writable by user ldap. But the master slapd still didn't write to this file, when I make changes in the directory tree:-(

What is wrong here? Hope you can help me!

Kind regards,
Andreas Rother

My configs:

# master config
include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
pidfile         /var/run/slapd.pid
argsfile        /var/run/slapd.args
TLSCertificateFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/slapd.pem
TLSCertificateKeyFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/slapd.pem
TLSCACertificateFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt
defaultaccess none
access to attr=userPassword
       by dn="cn=root,o=firma,c=de" write
       by self write
       by * auth
access to *
       by dn="cn=root,o=firma,c=de" write
       by self write
       by * read

database ldbm
suffix "o=firma,c=de"
rootdn "cn=root,o=firma,c=de"
rootpw {SSHA}tc+LMs8wfSwKWNVFfYchUMvYV4ECvxCM
directory /var/lib/ldap
index objectClass,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber,memberUid eq
index cn,mail,surname,givenname eq,subinitial
replica host=timearz2.firma.de:389
bindmethod=simple
binddn="cn=root,o=firma,c=de"
credentials=firma123

replogfile /var/log/slapd.replog
require LDAPv3

# slave config
include /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
pidfile /var/run/slapd.pid
argsfile /var/run/slapd.args
TLSCertificateFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/slapd.pem
TLSCertificateKeyFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/slapd.pem
TLSCACertificateFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt
defaultaccess none
access to attr=userPassword
by dn="cn=root,o=firma,c=de" write
by self write
by * auth
access to *
by dn="cn=root,o=firma,c=de" write
by self write
by * read
database ldbm
suffix "o=firma,c=de"
rootdn "cn=root,o=firma,c=de"
updatedn "cn=root,o=firma,c=de"
rootpw firma123
directory /var/lib/ldap
index objectClass,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber,memberUid eq
index cn,mail,surname,givenname eq,subinitial
updateref ldaps:///timehvd3.firma.de/