SASL authentication (DIGEST-MD5)

Hi,
I have a problem in usind SASL authentication (DIGEST-MD5) with your java libraries. When I execute the bind method (the one with the mechanism as a parameter) I got as answer an error 92 LDAP_NOT_SUPPORTED. I suppose I need to specify somehow that I want to use LDAP_v3, but I can't immagine how, since neither the bind nor the connect method have such a parameter. Am I missing some information?

This is the very simple code I'm trying to run. LogWriter is just a simple class to write to a log file

public class provaldap1 {

  public provaldap1() {
  }

    LogWriter log = new LogWriter("C:/Temp/Log.out");
    log.write(new Object(),"MESSAGE","inizio: ");;
    LDAPConnection c = new LDAPConnection();
    try {
      c.connect("163.162.180.73",389);
      String[] st = new String[1];
      st[0] = "DIGEST-MD5";
      c.bind( "CN=myname,OU=people,O=mycompany,C=it",null,st,null,null);
      log.write(new Object(),"MESSAGE","autenticato: ");
    } catch (LDAPException e)  {
      log.write(new Object(),"MESSAGE","errore: "+e.getResultCode());
      if ( e.getResultCode() == 14  ) {
        log.write(new Object(),"MESSAGE","LDAPMessage: "+e.getLDAPErrorMessage());
        if (e.getCause() != null)
          log.write(new Object(),"MESSAGE","Cause: "+e.getCause().toString());
        log.write(new Object(),"MESSAGE","Message: "+e.getMessage());
      }
    }
    log.close();
  }

}

And this is what I find in my logfile

2003-6-19 9:44:38 718 | java.lang.Object@239137 | MESSAGE | inizio:
2003-6-19 9:44:40 701 | java.lang.Object@3efab0 | MESSAGE | errore client: 92
2003-6-19 9:44:40 701 | java.lang.Object@3c5982 | MESSAGE | LDAPMessage: null
2003-6-19 9:44:40 751 | java.lang.Object@55550d | MESSAGE | Message: LDAP Not Supported

Can someone show me te way?

Thanks
Roberto Gastaldo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by
replying to MailAdmin@tilab.com. Thank you