Problem with the creation of slapd.replog

I'm slowly working on getting OpenLDAP on the servers here, and I have run into the problem that it doesn't seem to be created the slapd.replog file for replication.

This is the slapd.conf on the master:
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
pidfile         /usr/local/var/slapd.pid
argsfile        /usr/local/var/slapd.args

replogfile /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.replog
database bdb
suffix "dc=machine,dc=department,dc=sc,dc=edu"
rootdn "cn=BobSmith,dc=machine,dc=department,dc=school,dc=edu"
rootpw secret
replica host=machine2.department.school.edu:389
binddn="cn=BobSmith,dc=machine,dc=department,dc=school,dc=edu"
bindmethod=simple
credentials=secret
directory /usr/local/var/openldap-data
index objectClass eq

I've tried looking for other cases that have this problem, but I can't seem to find any(But with all there are it is likely as well I missed them as well).

Thanks for your time.