Re: [LDAP-SOFTWARE] Re: Newbie - error in Slapd.conf

On 2003-06-16 21:11:39 +0000, sam wun wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I installed OpenLdap 2.1.xx in Redhat Linux, but cannot start slapd with
> the following err msg:
>
> [root@redhat ~]# /usr/local/libexec/slapd
> /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 66: no indexes selected
>
> The offending line in slapd.conf is:
>
> # ldbm indexed attribute definitions
> index cn,sn,uid
>
> and the rest of the content of slapd.conf is as follow:
> index objectclass pres,eq
> index default none
> # ldbm access control definitions
> defaultaccess read
> access to attr=userpassword
> by self write
> by dn="cn=admin, o=rock, c=com" write
> by * compare
>
> I compiled Openldap with ldbm enabled. what can I do to fix the problem?

You may select an index type after attribute list. Might look something like:

index cn,sn,uid eq,approx,sub

or specify default before that line. But you probably want cn,sn and
uid to be indexed other then 'none'.

see slapd-ldbm man page and
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin21/slapdconfig.html.

Ziya.