From: sam wun [mailto:samwun@onebb.net]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 9:12 AM
Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: Newbie - error in Slapd.conf

Dear all,

I installed OpenLdap 2.1.xx in Redhat Linux, but cannot start slapd with
the following err msg:

[root@redhat ~]# /usr/local/libexec/slapd
/usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 66: no indexes selected

The offending line in slapd.conf is:

# ldbm indexed attribute definitions
index cn,sn,uid

and the rest of the content of slapd.conf is as follow:
index objectclass pres,eq
index default none
# ldbm access control definitions
defaultaccess read
access to attr=userpassword
by self write
by dn="cn=admin, o=rock, c=com" write
by * compare

I compiled Openldap with ldbm enabled. what can I do to fix the problem?

thanks so much.
Sam

This electronic message transmission contains information from the Company that may be proprietary, confidential and/or privileged.
The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, be
aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.  If you have received
this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the address listed in the "From:" field.