Re: Newbie - OpenLDAP won't start

Ziya,

Alas, yes, I have tried deleting the file in this directory as well.  I
have also - in frustration - set the directory permission to 777 (wide
open) - but the OpenLDAP program seems to have set it back to 700
automagically.

Should I try something other than Berkeley DB?  The OpenLDAP home page
seems to suggest BDB as the best supported, but it seems (from having
looked over the list) that most are using Gnu DB Manager.

I just want it to work, I'm willing to try almost anything (not willing to
try RPMs).

Thank you,
Gary Allen Vollink