Re: Slightly OT: Sun ONE DS vs OpenLDAP

Sorry to still be OT, but Sun has recently signed an agreement/alliance with RedHat, they already have the version 5.1 of DS for Linux on their site.

It says that it would work with RH7.2, I think that I tried RH 7.3/8.0 and it worked fine, I haven't tried it out on RH 9 but I don't expect it to fail, I would still have to do some experimenting in my free time.

Ignore Sun Linux its deprecated for RH Enterprise edition Linux. It was based on RH anyway.

Says that there is a version for Linux in DS5.2, which I am still waiting to see, I don't really care if they take sometime, as long as they got a few things out such as that Java based console for something better and make it use RAM effectively, I think that it would prove to give OpenLDAP a run for its money.

I guess that I would still go OpenLDAP as I feel that its go more standards compliancy over Sun ONE DS.

-- Aly S.P Dharshi aly.dharshi@uleth.ca Student System Administrator/Network Analyst LDAP Project Department of Computer Science and Mathematics University of Lethbridge

 "A good speech is like a good dress
 that's short enough to be interesting
 and long enough to cover the subject"