Replication slapd.conf example?

Hey, all -- I've been RTFMing all day, and I can -not- figure out how to
get replication working.  I tried via both the Debian install, and by
hand, and either
a) it doesn't work, or
b) it not only doesn't work, but it spikes the CPU.

I -do- get info into my replogfile, but it goes between ~2K, and 0 bytes,
then back and forth; I assume it's trying to replicate, but is failing.
If anyone would be kind enough to give me a -full- snippet from both slave
and master slapd.conf files (or a link to somewhere that gives full
examples, as opposed to the ones in the admin guide on openldap.org), it'd
be _much_ appreciated.

Thanks,

-Ken