Greetings,

System configuration:

Sun Ultra 60/2360, 512MB RAM
Solaris 9.0 (current patches)
OpenLDAP 2.1.21
PSQLODBC 7.2.5
iODBC 3.0.6
PostgreSQL 7.3.3

My ultimate goal here is to have Solaris (and other OSes, but that's for later) authenticate against OpenLDAP.

I've been following this guide: http://www.ypass.net/solaris8/openldap/introtoldap.html

I know it's for Solaris 8, but it appears that 9 is close enough to not be a problem, and I believe my issue is not related to OS version in any case.

I appear to have everything short of OpenLDAP working properly. I am on the page for 'Configuring OpenLDAP.' When trying to create the OpenLDAP backend database using these commands:

# /etc/init.d/slapd stop
# slapadd -n 1 -l base.ldif
# /etc/init.d/slapd start

I get this error:

-bash-2.05b# /usr/local/sbin/slapadd -n 1 -l base.ldif
slapadd: database doesn't support necessary operations.

Where should I start here? I believe I may have misconfigured the DB. For that portion, I used the standard OpenLDAP/PostgreSQL Howto.

-Joseph