Re: LDAP AUthentication

Frimpong, Jacob:
> Hello:
> Can someone provide me with a detailed documentation on how to configure
> Openldap for authenticating users on a LAN? So far, all the materials I have
> followed have proved fruitless. I have users on a redhat 9.0 platform.

what kind of authentication are you thinking about? Windows domains
(Samba), secure login (ssh), NIS or what?

My guess is you want at least ssh-login to authenticate users to a
LDAP-database. Then you want pam_ldap and nss_ldap by PADL-software.

For your convenience install apt-tools for redhat and install
redhat-binaries via 'apt-get install <name-of-package(s)>'

Have you tried google at all?

> This message is for use of the intended recipient only. It may contain
> information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended
> recipient, any disclosure, copying, future distribution, or use of this
> communication is prohibited. If you have received this communication in
> error, please advise us by return email, or if you have received this
> communication by fax, advise us by telephone and delete/destroy the document

Please tell you email-supplier to add phonenumber or fax if this is actually wanted.

Mvh

Bjørn Ove Grøtan
"Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated."