Re: [CONFUSED] OpenLDAP 2.0.x,2.1.x sasl differences *was* OpenLDAP sasl authentication from non localhost?

OK I loaded up another system and put a openldap 2.1.x installation on
it.. (Vmware is awesome)..  that system can connect to my openldap
2.1.19 server fine w/ sasl authentication..
My RH 7.3 box with openldap 2.0.27 however can only authenticate to the
2.1.19 server if I use CRAM-MD5.. if I use DIGEST-MD5 I give me the
previously mentioned error..  Is this a cyrus issue?? an openldap
issue?? or what??
I thought the SASL protocol was a standard specification and didn't
change between the 1.5 and 2.1 revisions.. I know the programming API
changed... But should apps written to a network based sasl protocl work
with both ???

at least this sort gets around one issue I'm having.. Now on to getting
ldapdb to correctly work

--
Edward Rudd <eddie@omegaware.com>