Re: slapadd, 1 million entries, some NEW numbers

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 03:34:18PM -0400, Sean O'Malley wrote:
> You might try and just use slapadd. it only takes around 2 hours to add
> 400k entries including indexing (minimal indexing) with a scsi mirror, and
> a P 2.4Ghz box and you might be able to take advantage of some threading
> since I would guess you are waiting mainly on IO.

I breaked my ldif file into two parts and fed each part to a ldapadd
process (-h localhost). No indexing is being made. So far, it has already taken longer
than a single slapadd and I think I'll abort it, but thanks for the
suggestion anyway, it was worth a shot.

(this on a a quad PIII Xeon 700MHz with 8Gb of RAM and two scsi disks)