Re: Slow response from ldap server

sorry folks, the problem was that the server was under heavy load.
A logrotate process was consuming all CPU :-(

Now it is solved.

Oliver Schulze L. wrote:

I have RedHat 9 with openldap openldap-2.0.27-8
I have 1 master server and 1 slave server. Both are running well.

The problem I'm getting is a 5 seconds delay in a conection to the ldap server.
For example, this commands:
$ date; finger username; date
shows a 5 seconds delay in the response.

I have 20 users and I'm running the commands in the slave server. I see the
same delay in the master server. Also, this delay occurs in samba, telnet, etc.

Anyone know what could be the problem?

I have this Index defined in slapd.conf:
index   objectClass,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber,memberUid   eq
index   cn,mail,surname,givenname                       eq,subinitial

Many thanks Oliver

-- Oliver Schulze L. <oliver@samera.com.py>