Re: Access List Example

Here's an example of restricting access to general users, while allowing
the admin group (well, role, actually) to see them.

access to attr=description
    by dn="cn=Manager,dc=mycompany,dc=com" write
    by
group/organizationalRole/roleOccupant="cn=Administrators,dc=mycompany,dc=com" write
    by * none

The second 'by' specifies that "organizationalRole" is to be treated
like a group, and that group members are specified with "roleOccupant."

So, anyone listed as a roleOccupant in
"cn=Administrators,dc=mycompany,dc=com" will be given write access to
the description field.

There is more info somewhere in the Faq-O-Matic at openldap.org, I
think.

Matt