Re: Display values of one attribute

Dave Horsfall wrote:
On Tue, 27 May 2003, Ha Minh NGUYEN wrote:

I would like to know what is the display order of one multivalue attribute ?
For example, the telephoneNumber attribute has 3 values, how they will be displayed in the ldapsearch command ? The oldest is the first ?

You cannot rely on the order.

I know I saw this in books and/or RFCs, but I have yet to see a multivalue attribute returned from any LDAP implementation with values not consistently in the order they are defined. I don't doubt the standard, but I have to ask: under what circumstances will OpenLDAP return values in an arbitrary order?

Jon Roberts
www.mentata.com