Re: hangs?

Hi!

I don't know what system you're running. If it's linux:

Sometimes nscd (name switch caching daemon) does some weird things. Actually it doesn't but the caching has sometimes side-effects.

You can easily test it by stopping nscd (normally "rcnscd stop") and try the password-expired/password-change stuff. Without nscd your system talks directly with LDAP (or NIS).

nscd improves the speed e.g. when making a "ls -l".

Chris

Ang, Melissa schrieb:
Hello again all! I'm currently setting up pam_ldap and openldap. the problem I encounter is that if I expire the password for an account in the openldap server and login using that account, it will prompt me for a change of password. I'll then change it and leave that session open. then I try to login again using the same account but it will just hang. It will just hang. It still thinks that it is still expired but I have already successfully change the passwd and it is no longer expired. has anybody has this similar problem? Did I forget to setup something?
thanks so much!
melissa